Dr Maya Markovic
Sports and Exercise Medicine Physician
MBBS FACSP FRACGP Dip. Paed.
Dr Maja Markovic is a Consultant Sport Physician with over fourteen years experience in the management of musculoskeletal injuries in professional elite athletes and recreational athletes. She successfully completed four years of specialist postgraduate training in Sports Medicine and was awarded the Fellowship of the Australasian College of Sports Physicians (ACSP) in 2005. Dr Markovic worked as qualified General Practitioner for over seventeen years and gained Fellowship of the Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) in 1997.
Dr Markovic was awarded her medical degree at University of Belgrade in 1988.
Dr Markovic has special interest in managing injuries in snow sports, volleyball, soccer, basketball, rugby and triathlon. She has particular interest in managing injuries affecting exercising women and children.
- Australian National Junior Women’s Basketball Team / Gems 2010-current
- Australian National Women’s Rugby Union Team / Wallaroos 2006-2011
- Norths Rugby Union Team 2008-2011
- World University Games 2009 Belgrade
- World University Games 2005 Izmir
- Sydney University Colts Rugby Union 1999-2003
- Sydney Olympic and Paralympics Games 2000
- Wollongong Wolves Soccer Team 2001
Associations and Memberships:
Fellow of Australasian Collage of Sports Physicians
Fellow of Royal Australian Collage of General Practitioners
Member of South Eastern Sydney Division of General Practice